In 2010 I quit my stable senior manager job to co-found and lead my own tech startup called Insane Logic.
I spent the first two years in my bedroom and then in 2012 I won UnLtd's Big Venture Challenge and then got into Telefonica's accelerator Wayra. These two "wins" changed everything and I was able to start to build a team and I made an amazing group of lifelong friends from the rest of the cohorts.
When I came out of Wayra in 2013 I raised an angel round and then a bit later I went on to raise a series A VC round. The SAAS product MyChoicePad has helped over 100,000 people so far across the UK with their speech and language issues. I started out working with families, then moved onto schools and then care home chains, local authorities and the NHS. I wouldn't have got anywhere without my team of dedicated speech and language therapists. They really are gold. I have learnt so much from them.
After taking a break in 2016 I was asked to join Ananda's investment team. Now I get to sit on both sides of the table.
Since there are many days you feel you are losing in startup world it's really nice to get recognised by others.
- Pearson and UnreasonableProject Literacy Lab accelerator, US, July 2016
- Elle Magazine UK Social Entrepreneur of the Year 2016
- Finalist Global Mobile Awards 2015
- 3rd Sector Care Awards- Technology Finalist- 2015
- The Great British Care Awards Finalist - London 2015
- The Great British Care Awards Winner - West Midlands 2015
- BT Infinity Connected Society Award 2014
- UKBAA Female-led angel investment 2014
- Big Issue Invest Tech4Good competition winner 2013
- The Cabinet Office Social Incubator Fund Advisory Board Member
- Wayra Week London Winner 2012
- Finalist for Innovation Award in Technology4Good Awards 2012
- ClearlySo Social Business of the Year Runner Up 2011
- UnLtd Big Venture Challenge Winner 2011 - top 25 social entrepreneur in UK